Eligible projects are characterised by high professional standards, long-term value for the community and social responsibility. Results of projects or activities that receive donations must be accessible to the public.
When awarding donations, priority is given to applicants from countries in which the COWI Group is established, and projects relating to the COWI Group's professional fields of activity.
Universities, research institutes, well-established organisations or individuals are eligible for donations. Activities that receive donations must be anchored in a solid professional environment.
Recipients of donations from the Fast & Furious program: See details here.
COWIfonden donates funds to three different types of activity:
- Research activities and other projects
Small donations may be given to specific projects with long-term perspectives.
- Industrial PhD studies
Partial funding of salary may be granted to industrial PhD studies of employees with COWI Group companies.
- Innovative research projects
Donations to innovative research projects may be granted for projects or programmes that extend over several years. COWI Group specialist units may participate in such projects. Prequalification is required.
- Fast & Furious program
Donations to innovative initiatives based on ongoing discussions and collaborations with partners, experimental work, physical and digital prototyping, and contributions and participation at workshops and hackathons for employees in COWI Group companies.
High professional standards, long-term value and social responsibility are the conditions to be met in order to receive a donation.
As a general rule, results from projects that receive donations must be accessible to the public.
Representative donations and sizes of donations are available on the website and in the annual report of COWIfonden.
Examples of activities that that are eligible for donations:
- Research projects
- Equipment for research projects
- Visiting professorships (short-term)
- Keynote speaker’s presentations at conferences (travel and accommodation costs)
- Industrial PhD studies for employees in a COWI Group company
- Other PhD studies: special expenses, e.g., research equipment and very high travel and accommodation expenses in connection with research stays.
Activities that are NOT eligible for donations:
- Activities in connection with postgraduate studies
- MBA and MBA type studies, including LLM studies
- Participation in conferences
- Publication of textbooks
- Students’ completion of courses, including group study trips, internships etc.
- Already incurred expenses
- Projects in geographically narrow areas, where the project has only local value.