COWIfonden has decided to spend part of the funds available for donations to support innovative research projects in 2019. Consequently, the Foundation invites applications for innovative research projects, which are suitable for its support. Project ideas within all COWI's professional scopes of activities are welcome.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Employees from COWI companies
- Research environments at universities in Denmark.
Projects that receive donations must be developed and carried out in cooperation with COWI and universities in Scandinavia. COWIfonden will prioritize projects undertaken jointly with some of the other COWI departments and universities located in more than one of the three Nordic regions.
- The applicants are to submit their project ideas to COWIfonden's mailing address firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest 1 May 2019. The project idea is to include an explanation of the background of the proposal, the context and the strategic purpose as well as give a description of the most important elements of contents. In addition, the project idea is to include an estimate of the overall budget and the support needed from COWIfonden. The project idea is also to include an estimate of the funds needed for preparing a proper application. The presentation of the project idea is limited to a maximum of three to five pages excluding annexes.
- COWIfonden's board will select three of the best qualified project ideas at the end of May 2019.
- The selected applicants are to prepare a detailed application in the period from 15 June – 1 October 2019. The deadline for submitting a detailed application is 1 October 2019. The detailed application is to be sent to COWIfonden (email@example.com) together with a completed application form.
- COWIfonden's board will select one or two applications eligible for donations at the end of November 2019.
- COWIfonden expects to send the letter confirming the donations in December 2019.
- The project duration is expected to be maximum three years.
- COWIfonden has earmarked up to DKK 100,000 per project idea selected for making a proper project draft according to the Foundation's guidelines.
- For project applications from COWI employees, the university share is to be minimum 40 %. Similarly, COWI's share of the funds applied for is to be minimum 40 % where a university is the main applicant.
- Support may be granted to the fee (salary + overhead costs [DKK 175/hour]) and other project-related costs (actual expenditure + 20 % overhead costs).
- Co-financing from all parties involved is a condition for receiving support.
- Total funds applied for: The normal framework is DKK 3-4 million for a three-year project.
COWIFONDEN'S DEMANDS TO THE PROJECT IDEAS
The projects should hold a high professional level and novelty value holding a long-term perspective beyond the general market and performance development, which are expected to take place under COWI management. It is a requirement that it is a COWI employee or an employee at a Danish university, who submits the project idea. COWIfonden's donations are of a non-profit nature and it is therefore a requirement that the results of the projects are published/made accessible to the public, as for example through homepage, publication in international journals, participation in conferences, publication of open source software etc.
For a project idea to become eligible for the preparation of a full project draft, the applicant must document that COWI's management fully supports the project idea before the donation is granted. A statement of support issued by the responsible Regional Vice President will satisfy this requirement. Similar statements of support from university partners are also required.
For additional details, please refer to COWIfonden's general requirements and guidelines for project applications, which can be found on COWIfonden's website www.cowifonden.com
If you need any further information, please contact the Foundation's secretary, Joan Maj Nielsen (firstname.lastname@example.org).